176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 1:29:09 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

The breeze glanced off the sea, bringing a salted mist inland. The sun hit the sand, and consequently the two men too. Dylan had the good grace to call ahead instead of barging in and making it Navy’s problem. The sun hung above the sky dead-center, at about noon.

Dylan stood posted up like he did last time. Thumb jammed between his belt and his pants, legs cuffed to show off his boots. His belt had several pokeballs clipped to the front, glancing off the sun. He nodded once Navy appeared, a little smirk curling the corner of his mouth but not reaching his eyes. “Well. This is what me taking door number one looks like.”

He thumbed at his belt, and a white flash of light turned his Lycanroc loose. The very same pup Navy gifted him, now with a red pelt and a face that looked to be seconds away from an evil laugh. Dylan threw down his denim jacket, and rolled up the sleeves on his shirt. The black-metal band logo looked like a gnarled mess of tree branches, the letters can’t even be made out.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 21:11:53 GMT
Navy Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Something unseen slips behind Dylan. The trainer makes a show. Others turn and look at him, gasping at the sight of the Lycanroc. That rockruff grew up in record time. People start whispering among themselves.[break][break]
The clack of steel-tipped boots sounds like spurs bouncing off the hard floor. Everyone turns to look at the sheriff. He’s different. Older, bearded, grim. His eyes are still the same. Battered gunmetal looks at the challenger. He’s been waiting for this.[break][break]
Oh yeah? Back so soon? With an evolved Pokemon at that.” Whistling, he makes no secret of being impressed. Looking at the secretary, he says, “Tell the rest of ‘em to wait. This might take a while.”[break][break]
Waving Dylan in, he leads the young trainer into the battle pitch beyond. It’s just a simple pitch. High steel walls stretch up to a roof just as sterile as the rest of the environment. Navy moves to the far end, stepping over fresh cut artificial grass. Raised platforms sit at either end, where the two might battle in comfort.[break][break]
Alright, you’re ready. Good job. Well, before we get started, got a question for you. What are you fighting for? Why choose to stay? What made you decide that quick as you did?

[break][break]

+ [break]
Hattori uses thief on Dylan.[break]
Two of his pokeballs have been switched out, leaving only Lycanroc.[break]
Four options will be given below the post. Please select two to use for the match.[break]
Each of them is a gacha Pokemon that hasn't yet had its moves selected, pick their moves as you like.[break]
Have fun!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 7:32:35 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

While others looked and talked amongst themselves, Dylan's eyes fixed on Navy, as the older man made his appearance. Ever the showman, he had steel-toed boots. Dylan looked more or less like he always did, but moreso. His eyes had dark circles, lining them like little smiles. His intense demeanor gave way to merely looking tired 24/7. His voice was as it always was, rumbling from his throat as if he'd just had a cigarette, though his scent was salted like the sea's air.

He'd smile at the little whistle, and looked down to his Lycanroc. “She's restless. I'm not sure who's training who sometimes.”

He followed as Navy led them to the pitch. To the elevated stage, with manicured artificial grass. While he walked to one side, Dylan took to the other. He walked with his Lycanroc, who looked up to him, and sometimes prodded his leg with her nose like a sheepdog would. Dylan looked up, and cleared his throat. He had no choice, really.

"Life back home was so stressful it was making me sick. I've seen too much, and I'd be turning my back on people I care about who still have to fight. "Door number two" would've eaten me alive."

Taking: Pangoro Mold Breaker / Night Slash, Work Up, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Crunch, Vital Throw. || Empoleon Torrent / Metal Claw, Drill Peck, Brine, Swords Dance, Swagger, Aqua Jet.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 8:21:24 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

That’s the thing about knowing the truth. It eats you alive. It’s hard to be just another guy after you’ve seen just a little. No right or wrong answer. Get strong. Let’s see how good you are at improvising today, bud.” The pitch begins to sink. There’s more to say, but they can fight and talk. Damn if he hasn’t gotten good at it over the past few months.[break][break]
Hattori, you’re up.” Hattori jumps from behind the platform. He’s probably the smallest Greninja most people has ever seen. Even when he’s standing up at his full height, he’s a tall Frogadier rather than a full grown greninja. Hattori’s stunted, a product of a breeding farm. One need not look farther than him to see the cruelty of man.[break][break]
Yet still, he readies himself to fight. Even still, he’s ready to go into battle for his Lord against any foe. Hattori tosses out toxic spikes across the field. There is no gentlemanly agreement of a first move. Navy seizes the initiative. Approaching the little Greninja has just gotten far tricker.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Greninja uses toxic spikes

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 9:25:23 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Hattori's appearance only surprised him insofar as he didn't see a flash of white light, a sign of a pokemon already in play. While Lycanroc was raring to go, Dylan held back a little. He was vaguely aware of Greninja's typing, and couldn't imagine Lycanroc putting up a good fight in this context.

“You're just full of surprises.”

He reached for his belt, opting to "skip his turn" by switching out. When he clicked a ball clipped to the front, he was shocked to see an Empoleon take the field. The large bird landed atop the pile of Toxic Spikes, to no effect.

"...Tch."

Dylan bit his lip, watching the two pokemon face eachother. He had some idea of what he could do with Empoleon, but not being able to work with type advantages made him have to think. Truth be told, his battling and training were mostly free-range, his Lycanroc was just jumping and catching Taillow in her mouth like frisbees while he texted his friends.

Team: Pangoro Mold Breaker / Night Slash, Work Up, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Crunch, Vital Throw. || Empoleon Torrent / Metal Claw, Drill Peck, Brine, Swords Dance, Swagger, Aqua Jet.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 9:33:29 GMT
Navy Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, man. Hey there, Napoleon. Good to see you.” His Pokemon gives a wave back to him before returning to Dylan’s command. All four of the potential candidates were briefed on what to do. They were to follow Dylan’s orders to the best of their abilities.[break][break]
Wanted a challenge, huh Hattori?” The greninja shrugs with a bashful shake of the head. It’s a fair fight. Napoleon’s liable to be one hell of a fighter when he’s trained well. How he’ll fare remains to be seen.[break][break]
Picked up on the idea, yet? Crazy thing about battles, most of ‘em throw in all kinds of wrenches.” With a press of the button, the pitch starts to sink into the ground. What seemed like a standard pokemon battle pitch is actually a massive elevator. They descend through the steel shaft, but Hattori hasn’t slowed down.[break][break]
Disappearing once more, he reappears in Napoleon’s shadow. The shadow sneak technique might well be his signature at this point. Mumbling a quiet ninja, Hattori raises a ghastly kunai to slash across the steel emperor’s back.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 7:05:38 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan smiled when Napoleon waved to Navy. He just loved little moments like this. In either case, the initial agitation of their little surprise subsided. He had to just yes-and all of it.

“One of yours? Where'd you meet him?”

Then, the field started to descend. They were slowly sliding into the ground, the lights above them disappearing from sight. Dylan flinched, but he had to stop being a little boy about these things.

"...It's better this way. Real fights won't have rules or a referee. --Do you have Peck. Drill Peck. Anything."

Dylan saw Greninja pop up, striking Empoleon in the back. An admirable move, throwing Empoleon off and more or less knocking it over. Dylan bit his lip, watching the regal thing stand again, before lunging with a beak that slowly stretched as it accelerated.

Team: Pangoro Mold Breaker / Night Slash, Work Up, Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Crunch, Vital Throw. || Empoleon Torrent / Metal Claw, Drill Peck, Brine, Swords Dance, Swagger, Aqua Jet.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:10:46 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Napoleon? Oh, he’s a rescue.” Navy catches his tongue as he was about to slip. Like the other one you’ve got. He wanted to add. Luckily, volition wins out. Can’t give out too much information on a battlefield. would be proud.[break][break]
has this program. Pokemon HOME. If you wanna do some good in your free time, you can help out.” If Dylan’s the sort who likes to talk in battle, Navy is happy to oblige. He’s a regular Chatty Cathey.[break][break]
Careful, Hattori’s one of my best Pokemon. Napoleon’s just a rookie.” Hattori doesn’t flinch when the much bigger Pokemon turns and levels a drilled beak at him. Staying calm as flowing water, he seems to disappear in a small puff of smoke. In his place is a plush from last month’s carnival. It’s another from the local heroes line. A plushie with ’s smiling face weathers the blow.[break][break]
Tricky, huh? Gotta think about more than just attacking.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Greninja uses Substitute
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 9:36:24 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan nodded. The idea of putting time towards rescues seemed like a better use of his time than fighting. It was a shame then, that the threats he faced imprinted on him like this. “My Trevenant's the same. I found her as a Phantump, looking lost on a hiking trail."

The thought of working with her widened his eyes. Dylan glanced away for a second. He has met so. Many. Weird girls with pink hair. And that's their final boss right there. There's a pause, an audible comic beat. "--I'll look into it.”

Think bigger than attacking. Those words rung out as Empoleon's Drill-Peck failed to leave a mark. Ontop of that, Greninja used Substitute, throwing up a doll. Dylan paused for a second, mulling it over. "...Do you have Swagger. Flatter, maybe...?"

Empoleon played a dangerous game, swelling with pride and posing. While Greninja was stronger now, it also ended up confused. In either case, thinking bigger could blow up in his face.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:10:43 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Good one.” Navy rarely falls into this part of his role, that of a teacher, but he doesn’t mind. He thinks he’s a shoddy teacher, at the end of the day, but he resolves to try. “Hattori’s move pool’s all ‘bout moves that won’t really do him much good if he buffs up physically.” If his Greninja has any reaction to those words, he’s too confused to let them show. Instead, he stumbles about, red eye settling on his opponent.[break][break]
Napoleon’s shadow bubbles. Hattori disappears. Napoleon and Dylan show just how effective it can be to use those sorts of moves. Hattori appears from the emperor’s shadow, a dark dagger in his hands. However, regardless of whether his attack hits or not, his wide swing strikes himself. Howling in pain, he takes a step back.[break][break]
For what it’s worth, you gotta build a web of connections if you’re gonna stick around. No man’s an island. Solo acts don’t really fly in Hoenn. You could do worse for a friend than Melody.

notes about this post

Greninja uses Shadow Sneak, but also hurts himself in the confusion.

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 23:47:53 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan nodded. The idea of expanding his options never occurred to him. Even something like Will o Wisp was a mere setup for Hex.

The Shadow Sneak didn't land due to confusion, leading Dylan to suck air past his teeth with discomfort. Napoleon's cooked in a couple turns if he doesn't get lucky either way. "...Drill Peck. We need to work around that Substitute.”

Think bigger than attacking. He wasn't a thinker. In either case, Napoleon slowly built up speed, before lunging at the doll. Its beak slowly lengthened, as Napoleon entered a corkscrew-spin.

Dylan pondered the rest of what Navy said, before returning to his usual expression. "I'll see what I can do." He said, intending it in the way men often do: Yeah no totally. I'll get to it. He'll then put it off for a bit, and maybe even forget.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 18:19:57 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh, I know that tone. If you wanna help out, you’ve gotta do it the right way. If not Melody, than somebody. I know plenty of people at League HQ.” Something Dylan could know if he was the sort of man to research others. The gym leader is AQUA’s latest member.[break][break]
You figure out someone you wanna meet, or how you’d like to help out, I’ll help set it up.” Through his confusion, Hattori looks out at the drill aiming for his substitute. The green plush doll has bought him time, but he has to make the most of that time. Even with the world in this confusing daze, he can still do something.[break][break]
Hattori spews out an ice beam at Napoleon. This one, despite the confusion, is right on the money. It will be up to Dylan and his capacity to command the emperor to divert the attack, not any error on the part of the gym leader.

notes about this post

Greninja uses Ice Beam.

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 7:42:08 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan couldn't dodge his question and put his wall up. He had to grasp at an answer. "...I've always had a passion for the outdoors.” He loved posting pictures of himself in streetwear, holding knives in the woods. "I've spent a great deal of time in the mountains of Hoenn." He was... shockingly respectful of Mount Pyre. "My Trevenant is a rescue. While I haven't looked into HOME, and I can be moved on this subject; I want to protect wildlife and restore natural habitats around all the warzones we have here. Let me plant trees with the Rangers."

Thinking bigger than attacking wasn't panning out. Dylan was about to call for Napoleon to try Drill Peck again, Hattori had a speed advantage, landing Ice Beam first. Dylan watched as a block of ice slowly formed around Napoleon. He was so close to being down, too. He opted this time to return Napoleon, calling Navy's Pangoro to the field.

Dylan smirked briefly at the big bear. Litchi looked ready to go right off the bat. "...You're full of surprises." He said, starting to smile a little. Of course, switching cost him a turn, letting Hattori attack again.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,975 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 15:18:11 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Just so happens,” the sheriff smiles like the Meowth that ate the Pidgey, “I know the perfect guy you can talk to. and I go way back. If you like the outdoors, he can see ‘bout getting you set up in the rangers. Dewford needs some more. See, need a guy like you. Someone hip that’ll get what these college kids are talking ‘bout. They love that alt music stuff.”[break][break]
Hattori, too, is tired. He takes the time his Lord spends chewing the fat to rest. Noticing this, Navy whistles. Hattori skitters back off the field. Every good shinobi deserves his rest.[break][break]
Alright, Hattori. You’ve done enough. Now, let’s see what you’ve got, Jugs.”[break][break]
There are two camps of names for the Pokemon in Navy’s service. The first are those afforded serious names by the people around him. Many came from Gabe. Others were references to games he’d talked about with . Many names of a Kantonian bent have started rolling in from , or historical names from .[break][break]
The second camp is for Pokemon with the unfortunate honor of being named by Navy. His good humor lends itself to very, very stupid or on the nose names. Jugs is an unassuming name for a Gigalith. It lumbers out onto the field. The massive stone beast’s mere presence kicks up a sand stream, wind whipping around the pitch and its surrounding field.[break][break]
Doing good so far, Dylan. Can you keep it up?

notes about this post

Greninja uses Ice Beam.

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Flowers [GYM]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 8:27:42 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan's eyes lit up, and he smiled a little. The thought of getting to make a living off of his passions already came to be, but to double dip? You're gonna kill him, Navy. "I'd love to talk to him about this. If you'd put a word in... I have no doubt I'd pay you back once they station me here.” He snorted at the idea of college kids finding him cool. He was cool-adjacent. Callan Junior. "I'm a direct line to some of the people they wanna talk about. That'll work out nicely."

His idea of training was very hands-off to begin with, so for him to admit to running out of steam was something. "That's my achilles' heel, Navy. If a battle drags on, I'm gonna run out of ideas eventually."

Gigalith was a welcome surprise. Navy's commentary made him think. He still had that grin, but Dylan glanced aside. Did it not occur to him to name his own pokemon?

The sand stream made him squint. He braced himself, defaulting to gesturing at an idea for the pokemon to riff on. "...Hammer arm? Something with your hand." He murmured, followed by Litchi moving in with two hands clasped together and swinging down, with the pro wrestling classic Double Axe-Handle.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing